The Town of Blue Mounds is a municipality governed and regulated by State Statutes, Chapter 60. The Town Board consists of the Chairman and two Supervisors, as well as a Treasurer, Clerk, and Town Constable. The Board is elected in the odd-numbered years for a two year term. Nominations are by caucus, held in January of the year, with the election taking place in April. For purposes of making Board decisions, it should be noted that only the Chairman and Supervisors are voting members of the Board.
An annual meeting is held each April and a budget meeting is held in November. At these two meetings, all citizens vote on matters before the Board. Special Town meetings may be called as needed. The Town Board meets every month, generally on the second Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall. All meetings of the Board are open to the public.
Town Officers and Contact Information:
- Chairman: Dennis Jelle – 608-437-8260
- 2000 HWY 78, Mt. Horeb WI 53572-2552
- Supervisor: Al Antonson – 608-437-3555
- 1934 Syvrud Rd, Mt. Horeb WI 53572-2532
- Supervisor: John Brixy – 608-437-7700
- 2161 HWY JG, Mt. Horeb, WI 53572
- Clerk: Helen Kahl – 608-437-5311
- 10560 Blue Rock Rd, Mt. Horeb WI 53572-2508
- Treasurer: Nancy Goplin – 608-437-4879
- 2531 County Rd F, Blue Mounds WI 53517-9622
- Constable: Jerry Blizzard – 608-279-7073
- 2302 Valdres LN, Mt. Horeb
The Town Board is called upon to make decisions regarding land use, according to our Land Use Plan, established in 1980. In order to have additional expertise on these decisions, a Land Use Committee makes recommendations based on the Plan and their actual site visit to the land in question. The committee was reorganized in December 2008.
Land Use Committee (Planning Commission)
Joe Ball, 437-5132
Dennis Schlimgen, 467-8074
Nancy Cahill, 437-0073
Susan Ludington, 437-8002
Tom Hansen – Chairperson, 219-8182
Al Antonson – Town Board Liaison, 437-3555